Saturday, January 10, 2009

'Tis the Season

Merry Christmas to all...
We started the Christmas season just right, we bought a big tree for our den, put up the new white tree that Bryan gave me for my birthday in our keeping room and worked very hard to make our garland stay up around our fireplace, thanks to my mom it stayed for the whole month, who knew that thumb tacks were so strong...
Bryan was so good to put up all the lights outside so that by Dec. 8th we could have our tree out front lit, like everyone else in our neighborhood. It was so nice to be reveling in the Christmas spirit, I was sort of contemplating how I would approach the Christmas cards this year, Baylee is not really the child to sit for ANY extended period of time for me to take her picture, so I decided to try and take some photos, if you scroll to the bottom you will see how we started off, but if you got our card this year, you will know that eventually after 20 or 30 shots we finally got the perfect one! Then... Bryan volunteered us for the Kinard family Christmas party, which was fine, I like to entertain, but you always have that "fear" of family coming over, "what will they say about your house" will they think its clean, pretty, or just fine!" But, needless to say, I worried for nothing and the party went off with a hitch, I will say that having 6 to 7 seven children in your house all at one time, will definitely make you rethink the number of offspring you decide to produce! But enjoy the photos, we did have a nice time and the chinese christmas always makes everyone laugh, our family does it every year and there is always a gift that no one can believe someone brought! (Sorry Jimmy but the sausage is always THAT gift!)

Baylee explaining Santa's reindeer route on Christmas Eve!
SScott opening his gift, not sure what it is..

Timmy and Gurnie checking out his gift!
Jan helping Lane open his presents...

Baylee loving her bath flutes, she may go to Juilliard on a bath flute scholarship

What!!! Another gift?

Talking with Uncle Jamie and cousin Alison

Thomas, Maggie, Gracie, Reagan and Kyndal

Everyone helping themselves, the food was amazing... we always have everyone bring one or two items, so, NO I didn't cook it all!

This is the picture that Baylee picked out for our card, if you received one, you know her vote was vetoed!










1 comment:

Leslie said...

Hey Christy!! Baylee is so cute and I love the blog! I have checked it out before but just now remembered to put it on my favorites!! Now you are added, girl!! I have been working out with your old cheer-mate...Heather! She makes me go to the gym and I need that! :)