Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Wow! It's been a long time....

And so.... I'm blogging! Technology is super amazing, and so with all the options of sharing my family's daily activities and photos with Kodak gallery, facebook, twitter... and oh, let's not forget regular old email, I just became overwhelmed with having to do this on all these forums. But, after thinking about it and finally narrowing down the best way to accomplish my goal of sharing our family's exploration of life, I decided that I would stay with facebook and just blog whenver I could. I have found that many of friends feel the same way, facebook just doesn't give you the option of typing freely as much or as long as you would like, and blogging is a little bit more unique... and creative. But.... my true inspiration for blogging again is my beautiful friend from highschool, ClaudiaTronco Baker, my partner in crime, my first week bud... and now a courageous,awesome and still beautiful mother of 3 boys, wife and any other personality hat she chooses to sport on a daily basis. She is amazing and she inspires me to be a better mom!

Now... on to the good stuff! Since my last blog, Halloween 2009... life has changed a lot! Charlotte Anne Causey, aka"Charley" was born November 15, 2009 and is the adorable little sister of my now 4 1/2 year old Baylee Kate. She is tough as nails, sweet and innocent like a flower, and loves her Mommy, Daddy and Sissie! My original due date was the Monday before Thanksgiving, but after much pleading with my ob to have selective inducement , I was scheduled for the Monday after the USC/Florida game (week before Thanksgiving, and yes... sometimes I refer to dates, based on football games, must be a southern girl thing! I don't know) Anyway, the hospital apparently was booked for selective inducements, so I was placed on the "Standby" list... seriously! So, that was it... I had to wait, ugh! But... Saturday night after the USC/Florida game(that I didn't attend,) around 11pm my water broke and I hurriedly ran into the kitchen to finish up some important things... like purchasing my preview pary tickets before the deadline etc and when those things were taken care of we went to the hospital and then she came the next day!



After 6 weeks of me sleeping on the sofa and her in the pack -n- play (in our den) we were finally all back in our beds and sleeping good! It was a long and interesting journey. I learned that men get post partum like women, that just because you need sleep, doesn't mean you're going to get it and that having more than one child is hard, at least for me! I spent a lot of time by myself, Baylee was at school, or visiting grandparents during the first couple of months and Bryan worked. I had no adult conversation whatsoever and I never realized how important that is. My sole communication, during the day, was with this little newborn baby, who looked at me with loving eyes, but wondered... "how is this crazy lady going to ever take care of me, she looks like she hasn't ever had a night of good rest." Well... I don't know how I did it? My friends seem to do it easily, but it just doesn't come so easy to me! I thought for a while that I didn't have the motherly instinct. How can this be? I have another child, it seemed easy with her, but this was different... a second baby... something my mother hadn't done.. I was an only child, I wouldn't know anything about sibling rivalry, sharing things, buying two of EVERYTHING! Even though my husband has an older brother, he really couldn't help me understand. I have really learned a lot in the last year and a half. I don't want to bore you with the details... well.. I will, just not now. That's what this blog is all about, how my OCD self is slowly accomplishing the feat of raising two little girls and a husband, but still managing to live life sanely, and Charley? Well...She is now an almost 2 year old, avid outdoor girl, who loves her lamby and pink blankie! She wins everyone over with her smile and sweet face, so I have made it to this point... right? How much harder can it be?




See below... a little sneek peak of what's next

I knew that having 2 girls would be a little tough, but I completly forgot about the sassiness! Wow! Was I this sassy, when I was a child? No way, I don't ever remember speaking to my mother disrespectfully or yelling at her about things when I was that young? So... I decided to speak with my mother about this and get her take on it.... Can you guess what she said? Stay tuned , coming up on the next post... "How my mother survived my apparently, but unknown to me... sassy attitude" I'm hoping to shed some light on why this happens, and how to handle it appropriately! Ha Ha!

No comments: