Thursday, October 22, 2009

5 weeks and counting....

So the countdown is on... 5 weeks for now and 4 on Monday!! Whew, I am so ready... I keep waiting and waiting and wearing the same 4 or 5 outfits hoping that the time will pass quickly but it doesn't. The weather here is no joke, cold one day and warm the next, come on people let's please pick one, I can't take the changes and my closet is down to nothing that really fits! I keep trying to avoid seeing people if I have to dress up, because well... I have nothing to wear.
Ok Ok...enough complaining I will give you some positive news...
#1 Nursery is done, with the exception of a few little things that I will add over the next couple of weeks, and we pretty much have everything we need except a monitor which we have time to buy and I have decided to hold off on the double stroller right now. Baylee isn't exactly diggin' riding in the stroller, so I want to see if she will ride next to Charley once she arrives, so we have 2 single ones that will work for the time being.
#2 Baylee's "BIG GIRL" room - almost done, shelves mounted on wall by my awesome install guy, Bruce, yesterday and nic nacs arranged appropriately, headboard is in, just need a set of bed rails and bathroom monograms almost finished.
#3 Clothes for both - handled! I have purchased a couple of matching outfits for them for late winter and early spring, but let's face it, Baylee had so many clothes when she was born, I really don't have to buy anything. Baylee has been outfitted or the fall and we have one pair of pink mary jane puddle jumpers on back order and a pair of itsy bitsys in brown sparkle were bought today, so we are pretty much ready for fall and winter clothing wise, of course I am sure that I will overbuy just like I always do, because really GIRLS just can't have enough cute things!
#4 Daddy and Mommy are starting to adjust to the idea of no sleep again and handling 2 1/2 year old tantrums on a daily basis, and well... let's face it they are both ready for Mommy to look normal again, even though Daddy doesn't want to admit it! :) I totally understand and its ok!
So that is pretty much it! I have a shower this Friday at my house for one of our good friends, who is 5 weeks behind me and the football game on Saturday, if I can make it through those things, I am super good!
If for some reason I haven't returned your calls or emailed you lately, please don't take it personally it is all I can do to remember my name, number, my social and to keep Celebrations on track! But I do love all my friends and family so I promise to get together with you, call you or email you soon!

No comments: