Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Month 6 and still growing....

Well, we are on our 6 month and 1 week of pregnancy now with Baby #2 and no, she still doesn't have a name, and hopefully in the next few months we will agree on one, but for now she remains Baby #2! Things are good... Baylee is trying very hard to understand that mommy is having another baby and that the baby is in my belly, that is the part I think she has the hardest time with, but I would too at her age. I'm just going about daily activities, my belly is starting to get in my way some, but overall not too bad, although I have noticed that even when I sleep at night(getting more than 4 hours is a blessing) I am still so exhausted during the day, I try really hard to have fun things for us to do, but it is so hard to drag myself around. Daddy is helping a lot, he seems to enjoy the late afternoon trips to the mall to see the choo choo, Leapin Lizards and even just sidewalk chalk drawing in the driveway with Rufus the cat, so that is making my life a lot easier, because the afternoon is the time I seem to crash the worst.
I have started to unpack all of Baylee's newborn things to assess the situation and see what exactly we have and don't have, when Baylee was born, I had so many newborn pj gowns and she hated them, so I got rid of them, so now I have a plethora of 0 to 3 and 3 to 6 month sizes and no newborn things, I will definitely have to purchase some things in that size, because if she is like our little boo, she will be small and 0 to 3 will swallow her. I am struggling to decide if I should purchase a double stroller, since Baylee is so NOT stroller friendly at the moment, but if I have to go anywhere with the two of them, a double stroller is a true necessity. I realized I will also need another baby monitor, since we will most definitely be keeping Baylee's in her room, especially since she is moving into her big girl bed soon and we will need to make sure she doesn't dismantle anything I hang on the walls or put on her shelves. Also, I realized today that I threw all baby bottles away during that whole plastic recall thing right after she was born, so that is also a necessity. Overall, I think we have most of it covered, just starting to realize that Baby #2's arrival is closer than we think and the last 3 or 4 months will fly by.
If anyone can think of anything else I would need to make this transition easy please by any means, let me know... I will say that bibs, burp clothes and nursery furniture and linens have been accounted for that is good, but with pregnancy brain, I'm sure there are some things I am leaving out.
Until our next update or picture posting we will see you in the near future!!!

1 comment:

Laura Rogers said...

Don't forget another carseat...also, I do NOT like the tandem stroller...need to sell that thing...I LOVE my side by side Jogging stroller...the kids love it, too! THey are right next to each other and are so comfy. Other than that, I'd say, you don't need much! Tell Bryan that having 2 saves you money! haha!

Call me so we can finish catching up! Loveyou!